Sunday, May 18, 2008

12 weeks


Ok so it seems like only yesterday we were bringing our new baby home and now here we are at 12 weeks and nearly 3 days....and hes sleeping soundly in the room next door to mine. Lately Zachary has become rather clingy. I leave the room and he screams..or out comes the bottom lip and I get given what I call the "guilty cry". That is the cry that makes me crumble and he knows it. In all seriousness Zachary is more that we could have ever hoped for. Although I still struggle with the 4am feed, and groan when he wakes at 6.30...in truth he really is the best thing (other than each other of course) that has ever happened to us...both individually and collectively. One cute thing that Zachary has started doing (although may need to teach him about timing) is that at the 4am feed when Im absolutely trying to wedge my eyelids open and not drop his bottle he has taken to trying to talk to me while drinking....following my reminders that its not time for talking its time for eating and sleeping...he lies in my arms and grins...cheshire cat grins...melt your heart grins....Zachary grins. Okay so Im in a mooshy mood. Daves at work tonight and Im home with Zachary and Roxy. Who by the way has a serious case of jelousy..Ive been swiped at and attacked 4 times this evening alone and poor Daves coffee table is taking a bit of a beating - she has also taken to meowing at our door from about 5am onwards - nice...may be one reason I groan when getting up at 6.30 haha

Anyways, Zachary is now 6.5kg and still growing. Im starting to find that his clothes fit him in bredth but not length....poor fellow has ankle freezies already! Hes gonna be tall people!!! I dont know whether I have any new photos on this computer or whether there on Daves but will upload if I have them (the above photo is from the end of March..hes' much bigger now!)

Hope all is well with everyone, all our love, Shell, Dave and Zachary xox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

He sure has a "melt you in a moment" smile...such a cutie pie...and the little noises he makes are indescribable...so cute... I love reading your blog and hearing what Zac means to you... know you can understand more what you kids mean to us....love Nanna xoxo

Kirst said...

Hey shells he looks so happy and you sound as though you are getting a tad more sleep...6.5kg he is certainly packing it on and love the photo..talk to you when back love Kirst x x x